Featuring Bob Becker, Xylophone Soloist
Bob Becker, Bill Cahn, Michael Craden, Robin Engelman, Russell Hartenberger, John Wyre
- Triplets (2:27) G.H. Green/Becker
- Cross Corners (3:54) G.H. Green/Becker
- The Whistler (2:05) G.H. Green/Becker
- Nola (3:34) F. Arndt/Green & Cahn
- Rainbow Ripples (2:23) G.H. Green/Becker
- Xylophonia (3:31) Jos. Green/Becker
- Dill Pickles (1:59) C. Johnson/Becker
- Jovial Jasper (3:12) G.H. Green/Becker
- The Ragtime Robin (2:24) G.H. Green/Becker
- Stop Time (1:44) G.H. Green/Becker
- Log Cabin Blues (2:30) G.H. Green/Becker
This recording is a re-release of an original Direct-To-Disc recording that was made in 1976 at the Soundstage and JAMF studios in Toronto. It is made from the high-technology tape master produced at the same time as the performance was recorded directly onto a master laquer. It is released from the tape because the original Direct-To-Disc metal is no longer available.
This recording is still a live performance in every exciting meaning of the word. The artists performed each side of the entire original album completely as they would play in a live concert, with the performance continuing uninterrupted as the master laquer was cut – an enormous challenge for the performers. NO EDITING, FIXING OR CHANGING OF THE PERFORMANCE WAS DONE.
The reason for using the Direct-To-Disc process on this recording was to improve the purity of the audio signal by eliminating all the analog tape stages. This was the state-of-the-art in recording technique in 1976, just before the advent of digital recording.
Technical Engineering: Tom Allwood, Neil Muncy
Disc Cutting Engineers: George Graves, Cub Richardson
Soundstage Recording Studio: Jim Frank, Ringo Hrycyna
Cover Design: Virginia Dewart
Photography: Arnold Matthews
Recording Engineer: David Greene
Direct-To-Disc Produer: Jack Richardson
Compact Disc Producer: NEXUS